Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New instalation

There have been 3 crews out now to lay cable to my house all have failed to find the route, I was told at the start they would dig a new trench to the house but last crew said this could not be done. My sky account is about to end my wife is NHS and needs internet I work from home too engineer is coming this Saturday to install but a waste of time if no cable in place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New instalation

If this issue has got bogged down in council permits (which have to be obtained before any digging can be carried out) then it can involve a 6 to 8 week wait. The advice has always been to overlap your services when moving to any operator that does not use existing BT infrastructure, as blockages can be found that can’t be fixed immediately.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New instalation

I would advise you to ring Sky and extend your subscription as it's better than having no internet. 

What I did is not cancel my BT broadband until the Virgin installation was in and working, there's a period of 4 weeks of both services running, but it's worth it considering I require to be working from home. It was only £36 per an extra month. 

0 Kudos