Menu
Vikster116
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New hub ungrade

Offered a hub upgrade and it arrived last week. Was in no rush to install however on Thursday my old hub was shut down forcing me to install immediately as I had a work meeting to attend remotely. 

The broadband reach and quality is now awful. Can't even read the paper on my phone upstairs in bed, whereas previously it reached down to to bottom of my garden. Pictures won't load, sites won t update and we're all getting the message 'no internet'. 

I've had to switch to phone data to type this, directly above the hub in my bedroom.

It's poor. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New hub ungrade

What model model of hub?

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vickerster116. 

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing service issues. 

I've managed to locate your account and run some tests on our end, everything seems to be performing as it should and all power levels are in spec. 

How have things been since posting? If you're still having issues, please give the Hub a reboot and we'll re run diagnostics for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SteNix2020
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe just need to alter your wireless channel settings or distinguish which band your device is trying to connect to as the 5Ghz band will not go far.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If the old Hub was working OK, don't send it back yet.   What model is the new Hub? 

If it is a Hub 5, these are only on trial and there are many reports of faults - insist on having the old Hub reactivated. 

0 Kudos