cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub not working

Libf
Joining in

I was offered a hub upgrade at no cost, and I'm now regretting accepting. 

The light on the hub 5 is meant to go from flashing white to white when it's booted up, but it just keeps flashing. Turning off and on and using the hard reset button on the bottom don't help. No WiFi network to join and cable device doesn't connect to the Internet. Still got a text from Virgin about it being activated though. Twice. 

So I plugged my hub 3 back in and that boots with an available WiFi network but no Internet connection. I called Virgin and the customer service rep insisted there's an outage in my area (it was fine before I tried the new hub and checking with my postcode there is no reported service problem). First I'm offered an 'engineer' visit tomorrow but then that's no available and as I have plans on Monday there is now an engineer visit on Tuesday, but I'll be charged if they don't find a problem.

Is there no way to just send this new hub back and get my old one reactivated without someone coming out? And preferably sooner than Tuesday... 

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Libf

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you on the team.

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your new Hub! 

I have checked and I can see that there is an outage in your area at the moment, which is due to be resolved today at 6pm. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking this evening after 6pm? 

Thanks again.