cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub issues

raven403
Joining in

I got a new hub 5 this week as upgraded to the 1gig package. The WiFi works well enough at the moment (although I am not sure I am quite getting that speed yet but still need to do a test with the Ethernet).

The issue that I am having at the moment is that the virgin media connect app is not recognising it, presumably as it is only recognising the old hub as mine.

There is an issue with connectivity on a few Amazon apps, smart plugs and Ring doorbell but I am going to look into this.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to fix it?

1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

The VM Connect app may needs to be removed / reinstalled & it is dependent on the VM back end systems having been updated to reflect your change of Hub.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/
Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

Hub 5 supports "Wi-Fi 6" i.e. 802.11ax on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, some IoT with basic 2.4Ghz WI-Fi chipsets do not work with this.. The symptoms are the devices can not see the Wi-Fi service from the Hub 5.

A tested workaround has been to use an RE450 / AC1750 dual band wireless repeater that acts as bridge for the IoTs by delivering more compatible 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Wi-Fi service without the offending 802.11ax mode.