Menu
Dannthomass93
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New hub 3 no internet

Hi,

virgin sent me a new hub 3 as the other was faulty, it’s all connected and I’ve waited 3 hours for it to activate

ive rung through and the line says my services are connected

no lights on the router

and the WiFi connection is there 

it comes up with NO IPV4 connection 

you are not connected to the internet 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New hub 3 no internet

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Deco
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. New SH3 sent out as existing one has corruption issues. Tried to install it today but after two hours still no WAN IP address being picked up from VM's network and it also fails in Modem Mode. No internet - Access Denied in the status field. Quick start is activated as well according to the recorded message via 150 !

Rebooted and reloaded factory defaults and still nothing. Numerous calls to VM support and they've cut me off after one hour of waiting, 25 minutes of waiting and then say there now closed. May very well be terminating my contract as a result. Old SH3 back on line within 5 minutes but still the old problem.

Will attempt it again tomorrow and if that fails I'm seeking an alternative.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Deco
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,

Unfortunately I selected activate my Quick Start before embarking on this. Did it twice and the system tells me it all activated, despite saying the next time I call it looks like you've got a new quick start package. One big circle being traversed again and again - typical VM I'm afraid.

Thanks again though.

0 Kudos
Dannthomass93
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still no luck

tried activation line and it says it is activated 

0 Kudos
Dannthomass93
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be a reoccurring thing dealing with virgin, the constant going around in circles 

0 Kudos
Dannthomass93
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing

after being on hold for over an hour twice and being cut off 

I’ve admitted defeat and plugged the “faulty” router back in to get I internet 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If the old Hub still "works" then the new one has definitely not been activated yet as the old one is simultaneously de-activated.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dannthomass93
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well i rung that number, it says its activated and it can take an hour

i waited 3 hours 

so what now 

0 Kudos