Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New hub 3 dead on arrival - replacement for existing hub

Hi,

I’m looking for a little help from one of the forum team.

A few days ago, I renewed my M200 contract and requested a hub 3 as part of that (replacing a 5 year old model).

The hub arrived yesterday (Friday) via Yodel, and once I opened it, it had obviously already been opened as the contents were out of place, 

I’ve since tried to install, and the new hub is dead on arrival. I’ve checked the power supply with a meter and it is fine, the power is securely plugged in and the little power switch on the hub is on - so the hub 3 itself is dead.

Waited 45 minutes on the 0800 number suggested in the installation booklet last night and then needed to be elsewhere. Decided to see if I can get a replacement underway here?

Any help appreciated - happy to share the Virgin order number, my account details, etc via PM.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New hub 3 dead on arrival - replacement for existing hub

It sounds like the box hasn't been activated yet.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,

I would expect to see at least some sort of self check of the box LEDs when switching it on?  I get absolutely nothing, no LEDs even for a second when switching on power..

This doesn’t seem normal, don’t know if anyone can confirm if they’ve seen the same on a hub 3?

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bringing this thread back up the list, have since tried waiting on the phone again and also the text bot service (I eventually got a response from a human, someone introduced themselves and asked if I still needed help and the bot reset back to the start again). Incredibly frustrating.

Still very much need assistance from someone with links into Virgin to process a replacement hub 3, the one which arrived is totally dead on arrival (no LEDs, nothing).

Thanks and regards

Matt

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Just as a check you have checked the little power switch on the back of the hub, sometimes I find that when plugging in the power cord I accidentally turn the hub off.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,

Yes - have tried toggling the power switch on the hub itself repeatedly, and jiggling the 12v supply in case of poor connection but still no power at all.  The 12v power brick is working fine, have checked with a meter.

So, replacement Hub 3 still needed 🙂

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

have flagged the thread to VM - can take them a day or a few to get to threads so keep trying the phone

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MattRS, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry to hear you're having issues with your hub.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Lee_R.

Done
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi MattRS

Do you mean you've responded to my private message?  As I haven't received your reply yet.  Have you definitely posted it to me?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos