Menu
Cook1jimm007
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New hub 3.0 cm number

Got my new box. Installed it works fine with white light on but needed authorisation. Phoned virgin waited 1hr to talk to someone who wanted the mac number and s/n. So gave number but she said need a different number that starts cm... The number looks like cm mac: c005c******* I now have to wait for a person to call Monday... What is going wrong. Do I need something else or is it her..... 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New hub 3.0 cm number

Do you still have the "old" Hub/Box - if so that should still work if you put it backe on.

AFAIK - its the serial number of the Hub (on the barcode) and your account number and area. Dont wait for them to call you - their track record on that is "poor" - try again tomorrow and/or first thing Monday morning (08.00)

Try the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New hub 3.0 cm number

Hi @Cook1jimm007 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you've had issues getting your new hub authorised.  Did you received your call back?  Has this issue now been resolved?  I am here if you need assistance.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos