cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New house what should the broadband connection be?

Brush07
Joining in

Hi,

We have just bought a property and the previous owners had virgin broadband so were looking to also have Virgin. I see the brown box outside and the this is in the inside. Are these for just TV or is this for the broadband as well? As there no other location of any internal box. 

virgin media connection.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM use the same cable for TV, Phone and Broadband.  The box with the white wire and black cables is the correct one.  I'm guessing the black cables go to two different rooms in the house.  You will need to find out where they are.

Or alternatively unscrew the cable from the box and use it for the Quickstart kit. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

TV and broadband use coax F-Type cables.

I cannot see your image yet, so can only assume you have something like:

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM use the same cable for TV, Phone and Broadband.  The box with the white wire and black cables is the correct one.  I'm guessing the black cables go to two different rooms in the house.  You will need to find out where they are.

Or alternatively unscrew the cable from the box and use it for the Quickstart kit. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, that makes sense as there are a couple of points where connections to come out of elsewhere in the house where I assume then is where that black cable splits out to