cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New house, removal of virgin media equipment

Lj88_26
Joining in

Hi, I've just moved into a property and there are several cables and boxes in our home for Virgin media, we are not virgin media customers and would like them removing please. How do I get someone out to do this?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lj88_26 wrote:

Hi, I've just moved into a property and there are several cables and boxes in our home for Virgin media, we are not virgin media customers and would like them removing please. How do I get someone out to do this?

Thanks 

If you are not a customer VM will not remove them themselves. You can open the external omni-box & disconnect the cables that come into the property, then remove the internal boxes.

I would advise against removing the external box & cabinet drop, as this could cause issues if services are required in future. VM will only attend to adjust the position of an existing drop if it is a safety hazard.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks