cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New house move activation problems

dpkeevil
Joining in

I moved home last week and had a activation date for today (011/02/23) 

It took all my equipment to my new property as recommended. I contacted Virgin and arranged activating the line at my new property. I received a text message to activate my equipment to which never activated.

I turned the equipment on and it has gone through its boot up process. the wifi light cycles gree/red/white and the Internet light is white power light is white. However I still have no Internet or TV after almost 4 days, despite 3 further activation attempts via Virgin, the attempt yesterday was while 2 Virgin Media engineers were present after checking my connectivity was ok (which they confirmed it was).

I am contracted to work from home, but without a successful activation I have had to take annual leave until this problem is resolved.

My TV is also displaying fault code 7400 and I am missing all my channels, but can watch my recordings.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Follow up any items that are still not sorted with the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

If an another engineer visit is offered - accept that.

Just phoned 0800 183 3000 offshore call centre, first operator said I needed a new account and this needed to be activated, then cut me off, phoned again to new operator and have been advised that an engineer will visit on Friday !!!

Feels like nobody at Virgin knows what is needed, no confidence that engineer will attend, probable quicker to terminate contract with Virgin and get Sky back (installation will probably be sooner than Friday)

Hi dpkeevil,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with the equipment since moving.

I've had a look at things from our side, and can see you've been able to arrange a technician visit. 

Please pop back and let us know how this goes.

Alex_Rm