cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New equipment

Sewandsew4
Tuning in

Against my better judgement I decided to go back to virgin tv I have all other services , however I requested an engineer to install both boxes. Looking at my account it says 25 May although it says 8-1 which would seem that an engineer would be booked underneath it says can be done remotely. I am 74 years old and an engineer booking was one of my priorities. I have rung but the customer services I spoke to could not confirm an engineer would site visit how can I confirm this please.   Also I negotiated an 18 month £4 discount  but virgin acknowledgement of the new contract looks as if this hasn’t been added.  I cancelled my virgin after 24 years due to issue after issue u fortunately it looks like issues are still continuing. 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the property has had VM before, you may just get a Quickstart kit delivered.  If that's the case call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday and ask for a manned install.

Also be aware of the 14 day cooling off period if it does not go to plan.  You did leave VM for a reason, so keep that in mind.

For balance, I've had NTL/VM for a long time and it's been good.  However I use my own networking kit and have only ever used modem mode, so my experiences with VM's Customer Services has been virtually nil.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sewandsew4 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔

You can check the details of arranged technician appointments by accessing your My Virgin Media account here

Regarding the 18-month £4 discount, was that communicated to you over the telephone?

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready and we'll do our very best to help.

Thank you for your advice @Adduxi 👍👍

Regards,
Daniel