cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customers

geoffdking
Joining in
When I accidentally cut the line into my house, your engineering team came out promptly to repair the damage. At the time they encouraged me to get other people to subscribe as there were apparently only three of us in the vicinity using your services.

I am on the committee of Barons Down Company, looking after the communal interests of 51 houses, some of which are in postcode BN7 1ET and the remainder make up all of BN7 1HA and BN7 1EX. Some of these residents are looking to use your services and asked the committee to look into this. I called your offices and was told that the second two postcodes could not be served. This is surprising as I know that a previous committee sent you a wayleave to enable you to put your lines in. 

Could you please look into the possibility of serving our fellow residents, as your engineers suggested. Thank you.

Geoff King, 
Lewes, BN7 1ET, UK

11 REPLIES 11

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey geoffdking, thanks so much for your post on our help forum and for your query.

We'd like to help further with this however in case we've already advised on certain addresses that they're not yet serviceable by us we could at least seek for info on when this is planned to happen (as we won't be able to make those serviceable from this end).

Please, expect my private message here shortly so we can share more info in private and investigate this further for you,
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good luck getting any service from virgin media. They appear to hate new customers with a passion and will lie to them at every given opportunity.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey newcustabc1, thanks for your post on our help forum. 
Sorry to see how you feel about us. 

We don't hate our customers or lie to them, would you like to expand on this for us so we understand what your experience has been? 
Are you a VM customer currently?
Please let us know of any issues you've faced, we'd be eager to best assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Try here 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Pre-install-delay-after-delay/m-p/5129563...

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

There have been so many issues that it would take too long to list them.

Every single time I have phoned customer services I have either been hung up on or promised a call back that has never happened.

My guess is that your customer services are too cowardly to tell the truth, so they just disconnect you or pretend that someone will call you back as they are too spineless to tell you the truth. 

I have now accepted that the dongle I was offered was just a lie, but not one of your agents had had the courage to admit this?

Why does every single one of them lie and say that it will be coming but that their colleague will call me back about it?

Is it possible to talk to one person who will tell the truth and let me know that they make a mistake when they offered me it and they have no intention of giving me this?

Is this actually something that you offer?

Today should have been my much delayed installation date but you cancelled at the last minute forcing me to waste a day's holiday.

I now have to hope that they actually turn up in 3 weeks time for my next installation date. Third time lucky?

Your colleague raised a complaint for me nearly a month ago. I was told that I would hear within 3-5 days. I'll let you guess whether I have heard anything.

Thank you for letting us know @newcustabc1 and I am sorry sorry that you have had this experience with us and I can completely understand your frustrations. 

We do sometimes offer dongles out to customers who's installations have been delayed. When were you offered this and by who by? 

The team will have raised a complaint for you with our installs team who tend to reach out within 3-5 working days. 

Please do let us know how this goes and if you need any more help at all please do let us know and we will do all I can to sort this for you. 

Thanks again.

Hi Ash,

A complaint was indeed raised on my behalf.

I was told it would take 3-5 days.

It has been 29 days.

I have chased multiple times.

There has been no attempt to contact me whatsoever.

WHY DO YOU IGNORE COMPLAINTS??????

I wouldn't be on here ranting if your company had even made the slighted effort to seem interested.

I have had no dongle as promised.

I have been hung up on twice.

I have received ZERO callbacks out of the 4 or 5 promised.

I have had 2 installation dates cancelled on me. 

Can you please tell me ONE SINGLE THING that you have actually done for me????

Why does your company have such a hard time telling the truth?

Why am I lied to EVERY SINGLE TIME?

If you can think of any other company in the world with worse service than Virgin Media then please let me know?

I have no idea why it takes a month to acknowledge a complaint? Is this normal?

Just after I posted this, I received a call offering me a dongle.

49 days after my initial missed installation date, but at least it's something.

It will arrive tomorrow by recorded delivery, so I'll have to take another day off work for it. Fingers crossed it turns up.

geoffdking
Joining in
I see no purple envelope. Can you just give me an e-mail address to contact you please
?