Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer - unable to connect

Hi there,

I received received my quickstart kit today, plugged everything in but i'm just getting the green wifi light and flashing base light, so I haven't been able to connect at all.

From looking at the help guides, it looks like it could be a loose connection somewhere. When setting up, I noticed that the white cable didn't seem to connect to my internal socket very tightly and connector on the socket itself feels a little loose, so not sure if this could be the problem.

Is there anything that I can do at all, or is it a case of getting an engineer out to check it all over? The socket hasn't been used for at least 10 years, as that's how long we've lived here, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's had it.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - unable to connect

have you activated the hub - 0800 953 9500

Tony
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Yeah, I called the 0345 number a little earlier and it gave me an option to 'activate' the hub, so I've tried that already unfortunately.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

See my reply to a similar post - see if there is anything there that helps..
----

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Green-flashing-light-and-solid-green-wifi...

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos