cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, no internet

NeilBlain
Joining in

Hi, I received my Hub 3 today and it has been plugged in for about 4 hours but I have no internet. My service was supposed to go live today.

The green light flashes then stays on constant, then the internet light blinks for a bit. After a while the green light starts flashing again.

I logged into the router admin and its showing different connection speeds in-between the green light flashing.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Buffer6
Legend

Did you use the phone number given to phone in and get your hub activated?  It requires you reading numbers of the hub so that they can send a signal down the line to activate it

wolvie
On our wavelength

Hi.  Not sure if it will be the same issue I am having.  As you have just received the Hub 3, it might be that Virgin just needs to do something their end.  

However, I have been having internet issues the past 24-48 hrs.  My speeds vary between 1Mbps and the 277Mbps I should have.  I have been monitoring this for a while now, and each time I can get different speeds (15Mbps, 223Mbps, 185Mbps, 275Mbps, 83Mbps, etc).

I have called Virgin and nobody can inform me of the issue, so I am stuck until either an engineer comes, or it fixes itself.  I know it is not the connection between the Hub and my PC as the diagnostics test confirms my ethernet connection is good. 

They tell me, it is nothing their end, but they 'MIGHT' be doing maintenance or working on an issue with the line.  However, shouldn't Virgin know what is going on!?

Hopefully it isn't the same problem as mine, but if internet is showing different speeds, it could be.  This is the Virgin forum, so hopefully someone can help explain the issue you are having, but wouldn't hold my breath.

I did ring it and it said something about contacting them again at 8am 

Hello NeilBlain

Apologies for the service issues since setting up your equipment, its not the experience we want or first impression we aim to create. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting, we trust they were able to assist and make any arrangements necessary. If you do need us further, please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

Rob