Menu
Kikicha
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New customer - no internet

Hello,

We decided to use the quickstart package that you can do yourself to set up our virgin broadband. However, we are stuck without internet as the router power light is flashing green and the router is unable to connect to the network. We have activated the router. We waited on the phone for customer service for 5 hours today and got disconnected without an answer (the sales team though is reachable within 45 seconds...). There is no way to book ak engineer appointment as the websites and AI assistants are sending us in circles or to web pages that don't exist.

We desperately need help as we need the wifi for work on Monday! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New customer - no internet

Best to contact in either tomorrow at 8Am sharp (0345 454 11 11) (charges may apply depending on phone provider) if you're on a Virgin Mobile then you can do 150 and it'll route through. It's possible the activation didn't work, or the cabling isn't working. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Kikicha
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - no internet

We called on Sunday at 8 am sharp and got through to a foreign call centre. My guess is there simply wasn't a call center working when we called on Saturday afternoon. Managed to schedule an engineer appointment for Monday between 8 am and 12 pm. We called again on Monday at 8 am to confirm the appointment as we did not receive the promised confirmation over text/email. The engineer showed up at 12:02 pm and fixed our issue (we were connected to the wrong wire as he found the actual Virgin wire on the balcony). All good now - thank you for the forum reply.

0 Kudos