forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
gjs1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New customer, hopeless, cant even get through as now want to cancel.

I agreed a deal and placed my order. I chose 2 dates that it offered (this Saturday) and didn't hear back within 48 hours to say they couldn't do it (which they state they will do), so proceeded to cancel my talktalk service to get the ball rolling with moving number across, which is now due to end on Wednesday.

I then wanted to ask some questions mainly to check that my number would be transferred. Trying to get through on live chat is pointless (although if you pose as a new customer you get an immediate response - try it), I eventually got through on the phone  yesterday after an hour and found that installation had been moved by two weeks (they hadnt told me that). It took so long to get through that by that time it was too late to speak to pre-installation team. I then got an email today saying installation has been put forward now until 25th Feb. This is utterly ridiculous, and in that email it suggests it might get moved again. I need to keep my number i.e. move it across to Virgin, so I cant keep having the date moved as because if my talktalk service ends without it the number porting at the same time, I will lose the number.

With all this nonsense of delays (and from other comments seems like more to come) and not being able to get through to anyone to speak to (I am not waiting an hour every time - if I ring on the home phone, I get free minutes but get charged after an hour and it takes that long to get through), I have decided to cancel the order, but I cant even get through to the 'I'm thinking of leaving' department to do that.

I got through to someone this evening after trying two different numbers at the same time from two phones. After about 45 minutes I got through, spoke to someone who couldnt help so said would put me through to pre-installation team. I was told I would go through straight away but then told no more than 5 minute wait. I had to give up after 20 minutes on that one.

I didn't think any company could be as bad as talktalk, but from my early experiences it looks like Virgin are. At least I am glad I have found out how bad Virgin are before spending money and having to cancel mid contract.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer, hopeless, cant even get through as now want to cancel.

Virgin installations can often be delayed because they have to run their own new cable from the road, unlike TalkTalk and other Openreach providers.  So it's advisable not to cancel the existing provider until the Virgin service is in and running.  Can you get TT to extend their service?

jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@gjs1 if you have already cancelled the TT service (especially the phone line) that will prevent the number being ported across at all! You have to keep the TT contract going until VM request the number port, if there is a pending cancellation against that number then the port will fail and you absolutely will lose the number.

You need to get back to TT and stop the cancellation - at least of the phone line, you could cancel the broadband but personally I wouldn’t until the VM line is in and functional, if ever of course.

0 Kudos
gjs1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this - very helpful.

It is not what Virgin are telling me. They told me to cancel talktalk so that it ends the same day as Virgin is installed. I have stopped the cancellation with talktalk. 

The service so far with Virgin is literally the worst I have ever come across. I have been commenting for years about how bad talktalk are, but Virgin have been so much worse. Even with the text chat service it takes ages to get a reply to each text, up to 21 minutes for a reply. I got straight through to talktalk on live chat to stop the cancellation. They did manage to **bleep** that up though, but I at least got through straight away.

I want to speak to customer relations / cancellation team / 'I am thinking of leaving' but cant get through on the phone or live chat.

Absolute joke of a company. Really not sure i want to be part of it.

jpeg1
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're right of course about Virgin's customer service. I wouldn't say it's actually worse than Talktalk, but it's certainly in the same league.

0 Kudos
Kerrice52
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: hopeless, cant even get through after 2 hrs 54 mins on phone to be cut off!.

This is a familiar story with Virgin Media. 
absolutely appalling service from CS, IT and whoever else they transferred me too!

I am still without TV yet again.

They sent me a new box and it has come up with Error code CS1012 and then S102. The first code isn’t even recognised and the second one tells me to call them - well I have been trying since Sept 2019 . Many, many times waiting over an hour  to nearly 3 hours to be cut off yet again and still has no TV

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP 

gjs1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I raised a complaint about this on 23/01/2021.

I have heard nothing since. I just logged in to my account and the complaint is showing 'Your issue's with a member of our team

We'll be in touch with next steps soon.'

Over 3 weeks ago I logged the complaint and nothing. It is incredible that I cant even get a response to a complaint.

I think I might just cancel the Direct Debit and renew my contract with talktalk, which will at least be quicker speed (37mb --> 65mb) than now.

0 Kudos