Menu
sassyunicorn202
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New customer here

Hi all. I'm new. Once I've set broadband and TV box up at home, how long does it take for services to be running please?? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New customer here

Hi sassyunicorn202,

In some instances VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the equipment should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the equipment or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the equipment. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Also you can try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
sassyunicorn202
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When will my services be live

When will my services be "live" and ready to use. I can't seem to get an answer from anywhere please

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my services be live

@sassyunicorn202

Rather than create new posts and have different answers in different areas of the forum, it's best to keep everything together - I've merged your posts together for you.

By means of getting your new services setup, it sounds like you had a self-service "Quick Start" install of TV & broadband, is that correct?

Forum staff respond to posts on here, but it may take a day or so (potentially longer with a weekend looming) - have you been able to call into VM-C/S at all? That's likely the quickest way of rectifying this. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my services be live

Good Afternoon sassyunicorn202,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I can see that you've been able to chat to our team today and we've been able to arrange an engineer visit for you, to ensure that the installation is complete and the services are up and running.

Do please let us know how the visit goes and if you need any further assistance, you know where we are

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos