Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New customer - No internet (Needing to book an engineer)

New customer on M100, but still no connection.

Set up the QuickStart package, using the correct coax cable. Even though we request it be longer as it only reaches the garage.

Virgin were a day late connecting us. Text confirmation the day later. 

Flashing green connection light. Fault find using the app but just says there’s an issue with the connection. (Check coax is fitted correctly).

Tried ringing up but not getting through, so hoping this is seen so tests can be ran on Virgins end. 

One thing to mention is we’re are using an old NTL connection box. At least 15 years old now.

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - No internet (Needing to book an engineer)

Has the Hub been activated ?

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I haven’t rang up no, is that not just for replacement hubs?

Being a new customer I though it would just be plug and play.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried ringing on 3 separate occasions now. Get just over the 1 hour mark and then get cut off.

Starting to remember why I left them 10+ years ago.

I have no other option than wait and see if this thread gets picked up by VM staff. But at this rate I can see myself cancelling the direct debit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apollo,

Sounds just like my experience. I've just joined myself after 5 years away. I got through on the phone and after they tried to activate it remotely I was told a technician would call me. He did about an hour later and again tried to activate it but no Joy. Eventually an engineer was booked up and he came last week. I was told after a certain amount of time the hub gets audited and non used connections disconnected. Well after 10 mins at the hub it was all up and running.

Just have to persevere on the phone. My 14 day cool of time was reset for when the engineer fixed my line.

hope this helps and good luck. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Casey

Glad to hear you're finally up and running! 

Little update on my situation. Still without a connection.  Was told there was an outage in my area even though it's not showing on the VM website, and my neighbour is with VM and they have no issues with their connection. Didn't feel confident with this reason because my neighbour 3 doors down was fine, but was just happy to finally have someone look at it for.

Was told to I'd be up and running 9:00AM 9/11/20 without fail... still nothing.

So if it's not sorted by today I'm going to stop the direct debit as I still can't get through on the phone (Still waiting an hour at a time just to get cut off). I'm self employed, still working through the lockdown and I'm spending all my time trying to get in touch the VM, actually becoming a joke now.

Customer support is still the same as it was 15 years ago, if not worse! At least back then you could get through on the phone, talk to someone, and then they could tell you to go elsewhere in a 'I don't care' manner. What happened to us when we tried to get a cheaper rate. We were paying something stupid like £75 a month for just internet, 10+ years ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are within 14 days you can cancel the contract, preferably in writing.

Don't just cancel the DD because that won't stop the contract and it will cost you.

0 Kudos