Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New customer - No Internet!!!!!

Help please- so I have just joined Virgin. Plugged in the self installation kit. Followed correct procedure made sure all cables are fitted correctly yet I don’t receive any internet. Called the activation line - states it’s activated it’s been a few hours now yet I don’t have any internet.

Router is Hub-3 - lights steady green wifi light and flashing power light. This is extremely frustrating as my previous provider cut off last night so I’ve had no internet all day today- have been trying to reach via the chat customer service / tech support no luck since 8 am this morning. 
I am super annoyed at the service I have had to miss a whole day off work (WFH) due to no internet this is an absolute joke!! 
Been on phone trying to reach them - waited 30 mins over 3 times couldn’t reach anyone and half way through the hold music phone cuts off.

I am seriously re considering my choice to move to Virgin. This is poor service.

Also couldn’t manage to even connect the other end of the splitter to my Virgin TV box as the wires too short doesn’t reach my TV.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - No Internet!!!!!

It sounds like the box hasn't been activated yet.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mike, I just called that line - states it is already been activated and everything should be working fine. Yet I still have no internet connection. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The only real thing to do at this time of day is to leave the Hub powered on overnight, and check again tomorrow and phone in again if required.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue. Luckily I still have my Sky internet for now. I've rang, activated, posted on here, text them.......Still waiting for an acknowledgement of anything! Really really really bad service so far. My partner is extremely vulnerable too and has to stay at home, like I said luckily we still have Sky internet. I'm starting to regret moving now 😦

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that. Honestly I’ve always been with talk talk (7 years) but since they didn’t have fibre in my new place had to switch but now I regret it because talktalk at its worst I could get through to them atleast in under an hour. But I’ve actually spent my whole day chasing VM.

I have just completed a complaint I suggest you do the same frankly if they carry on you can even take it up higher. Consumers shouldn’t be paying for such a poor service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

self install is a gamble - when it works its quick and easy but VM have no idea if the cables work until you plug in the box and if you are happy is activated then their is a fault in the cables - could be that one is damaged or the previous owner had sky installed and they are great at cutting VM cables to feed their own

so you need a tech to come and sort it - phone line or wait here for VM to pick up the thread

Tony
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, but seriously I waited on the phone line a total of 3 hours got cut off just when it nearly rang through to someone and it seems like no one at VM actually wants to help funny because last week when I was on their site looking to buy the package I had the chat sale team consistently message and response were within minutes... yet now I’m a new customer response is shortcoming.

Also I have work again on Monday (From home) so if it’s not sorted by then that’s another days pay I’m missing out on. 

thanks though appreciate the response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Diana-a11 wrote:

Thanks Tony, but seriously I waited on the phone line a total of 3 hours got cut off just when it nearly rang through to someone and it seems like no one at VM actually wants to help funny because last week when I was on their site looking to buy the package I had the chat sale team consistently message and response were within minutes... yet now I’m a new customer response is shortcoming.

Also I have work again on Monday (From home) so if it’s not sorted by then that’s another days pay I’m missing out on. 

thanks though appreciate the response.

start outside at the box on the wall and follow the wiring inside look for any loose connections or damage - damage you can do nothing about but loose connections you can look at - if all looks good try a power cycle of the hub - if that does not help try a rull reset - hold the button a good 30 sec - dont guess time it - its also worth ringing the activation line again - 0800 953 9500

post some photos of the internal wiring and connection - also lok for any other VM boxes in the propery

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Calling in at 08:00 is the best time to get through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek. You could also follow options 1,1,4.4, "thinking of leaving" - that often gets picked up quickly - and just tell them you want to cancel if it isn't connected whilst you are on the phone. If they cant do it, it may well be that Tony is correct and a Tech visit is required.

Remember you can cancel within 14 days with no cancellation fees - that time should only start once your service has been activated - not when the CS rep says it has.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days or a week for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.