Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New customer - New house on hold due to COVID lockdown. Advice?

Hi,

I have taken out a new Virgin broadband/phone package that is due to be installed on the 3rd April. Due to the government lockdown, my new-build property is not completed and as a result, not able to move in yet.

Should I set the rescheduled install date to the furthest it can on the dashboard as we have no idea when the property will be ready due to lockdown?

If it's possible to also pause billing until I can move in that would be great too! Trying to avoid calling as they will no doubt be busy and long hold times.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New customer - New house on hold due to COVID lockdown. Advice?

Hi Scott, 

Given the current situation I'd say that rescheduling your appointment to the furthest possible date would be the best thing to do at present. 

Regarding billing, your first bill shouldn't be generated until after the installation has taken place! 

If you wish for any further clarification though, drop a text to the team on 07533051809, they will respond as soon as possible! 

I hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you move your install date it will change your billing date aswell, you wont start being charged untill the install is complete

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Excellent, thanks guys. Have moved it to May. Let's hope we will all be back to normal by then!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

UPDATE 17/06 - I have rescheduled twice as still waiting on my property to be completed. It has an expected entry date of June 30th, but I cannot change the install date for the third time. My current schedule is set for the 29th, but the house will not be ready by then.

Been on live chat waiting for over an hour with no response. If ability was reinstated to reschedule for the first week of July that would be great.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Happy to look into this in the morning when I log on my laptop. 

Can you PM me some more details please. 

Account number and full address. 

thanks

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos