cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer Instant regret : Fully disconnected 18 days after install / Totally lost after 2 days !

ebodjarvo
Joining in

OK so my story is this as of 9th May : I had a Bigger Bundle M250 package installed on April 21st. A guy came round, drilled holes etc and web/tv/phone all up and running same day.

May 8th occurs and everything stops and apparently I got disconnected.  I've spent the last 2days ringing Virgin being passed from pillar to post and then dropped off the line.  All I've established is something didn't get correctly triggered/closed on the 'system' by the installation guy and hence the install was still seen as timed out/aborted and my service has cancelled itself.

This last round of frustrating calls with somebody telling me an engineer will have to be scheduled to do an install at earliest May 16th! I am totally bemused and frustrated, its as if nobody had the intellect to comprehend the install was already done on the 21st.

Why oh why can't I find a responsible diligent individual who can understand the problem and simply trigger my account to be live again ??? 

7 REPLIES 7

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ebodjarvo 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

ebodjarvo
Joining in

Hi Jon , details provided

ebodjarvo
Joining in

Whilst I believe things are underway to get me re-connected, I need to raise the topic that I had purchased a £39.50 p/m for 18months package. This also had waive installation changes and I was also later told that if I had bothered to advise that my mother also had a VM package , then she & I would also have been give a £50 discount each.

This ‘reconnection’ that is underway is already inviting emails telling me I will be charged £170 we will then ‘settle’ down to £85. I sincerely hope that VM will tie together the fact I was sold a £39.50 p/m package and them realise how it looks being hit with all these hugely inflated numbers.

I did also raise a complaint yesterday ( ref C-0805231299 ), but frankly the reply looks like its been auto generated by an A-I bot. But at least there are details of an ombudsman if I am put out financially. Lets get the online bit sorted and see where it goes on the finance side.

Hi @ebodjarvo 

Thank you once again for your update and also talking via private message.

As you will now be aware your services should have been fully restored, we thank you for your patience whilst we ironed out the issues with your account. And again please accept of apologies for any disruption faced. 

Your account will be looked at by our resolutions team over the coming days as it will take a short while for all of the billing process to run through our systems. Once completed i will come back to you once again by private message.

Thank you again

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ebodjarvo 

Thanks for your response and sorry to hear about the issue with your package price.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and look into this for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sadly after two attempts to contact VM-Jon he has not replied. So whilst he got my system reconnected remotely, I'm now left with a huge installation and monthly bill that he said he would resolve. If nobody from VM can reply to confirm they have sorted out my billing then I'm just going to cancel as I'm not prepared to be treated the way I have.

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ebodjarvo ,

Good morning, thank you for your patience, unfortunately I don’t work on a Saturday so I have only just seen your private message.

I have passed your account details to one of our team who will correct your billing issues, this could not be done at reconnect as it takes a few days for all our systems to align. We are not customer services here but we will always do our best to support.

I will contact you by private message one I hear back from those working your case. 

Thank you again for your patience 

Jon