Menu
enginestar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New customer, 5 days later Virgin have a MUCH MUCH better deal - now chucked out ๐Ÿ˜•

I signed up 5 days ago.

Then I saw a post on moneysavingexpert.com about the SAME deal I have but much much much cheaper.

I call customer service. They say they can match the deal if they could only find it on the internet. I was driving, so I couldn't give them the link.

I call later. This guy is REALLY blunt. He says I can't have that deal and the only way is to leave and rejoin. I say "I don't really have any choice". ๐Ÿ˜• He cuts me off.

60 seconds later... I have an email saying my service is due to be suspended.

2 calls today: they still say you can't match the new deal.

The last call tells me that we WILL leave. Our account is due to be terminated, no going back.

I can sign up and join on the special offer - BUT, I can't keep my landline.
+ If I sign up using my name and bank details - I will be black listed somehow and I will have untold problems.

How amazing and wonderful you are Virgin.

Imagine buying a car. The very next day, they are selling it at half price. You are still within your returns period. WHAT YOU want to do?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer, 5 days later Virgin have a MUCH MUCH better deal - now chucked out ๐Ÿ˜•

"Imagine buying a car. The very next day, they are selling it at half price. You are still within your returns period. WHAT YOU want to do?"

Return it but the seller will not have to sell you anything again

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
enginestar
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer, 5 days later Virgin have a MUCH MUCH better deal - now chucked out ๐Ÿ˜•

@apcyberax You sir are the kind of person who will not help up an old lady who has fallen to the floor.

Why you will not help the old lady?

Because nothing in the law says you have to help her so you are not obliged to help.

This is the same uncaring logic applied to your response.

Have a lovely evening.

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You signed up 5 days ago and already have a working connection ? A lot of people on here would love your problem lol
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

if you were the old lady no i'd leave you for being rude.

Anyone else i'd help up.

but i don't see what the difference is between wanting a offer that is out now and helping someone up.

You can cancel in the 28 days and maybe take out a new contract try your luck

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You signed up as a new user on a new user offer, if you cancel, wait for the contract to be terminated and then sign up again you'll no longer be a new customer and as such you won't be able to get the deal that you just cancelled and need to pay the full price plus any discount you can maybe haggle out of customer services. Except that since you just upset them, they are unlikely to offer you a discount. 

So then you need to wait until you are classfied as a new customer again and then take out the offer available then, and then a few days later another offer comes out that is much better. You do the same again. 

Repeat. 

0 Kudos
enginestar
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Wow

So many unsympathetic people ๐Ÿ˜• 

I signed up 3 weeks ago and had my account activated 5 days ago. Maybe my terminology use was incorrect.

@apcyberax no, I suspect you wouldn't help the old lady.

If your next door neighbour bought the car mentioned and next day was crying because the car was now being sold at half price...

You wouldn't even give a care or offer any sympathy.

We are all different of course.

I do apologise if you think I was being rude. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We are just saying it happens everyday, it's called business. 

Nobody cares about existing customers as they are already a customer and likely tied to a contract, they only care about new customers and leaving customers. 

Case in point, I was paying BT ยฃ35/month for broadband which was the cheapest they could do apparently, although they could do it for ยฃ27.99 for new customers, and when I cancelled the service, a few days later they could all of a sudden do it for ยฃ20/month... It was like they were begging me to stay. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You didn't research the prices before buying something. 

That was your mistake, not anyone else's. Try to do better next time. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How naive you posted on here hoping that people would agree with your rant, you should of stuck with the deal you got, instead you tried to be to greedy and ended up with nothing.
0 Kudos