cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract switching from PN to VM

Cinnamon11
Tuning in

I'd appreciate it if someone could assist me with the following:

My PN contract (broadband/landline) is due to end on the 30/10/23, and i've signed up for a new contract with VM with the installation pack due to be delivered tomorrow. Do i set up installation on the 30/10/23? If i were to set it up tomorrow 27/10/23, i would incur an early leaving charge.

Should i inform PN that I'm leaving, or will they be notified by VM?

My property has the old Diamond cable socket box, will this be useable or will an engineer be needed?

Lastly, and most importantly, it is crucial that my current landline number transfers over during the switch. How do I check whether VM has made a request to port the number over? Will the number be transferred over upon the installation date, as the landline/phone number will be required at all times? 

1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

We moved from PN to VM in 2017.     We overlapped PN and VM by almost 3 months.

Whatever you do, do not cancel PN until the VM service has been working perfectly for a month.  Any snags with the VM service can take an open ended period to resolve.

PN & VM are 2 unrelated services so go ahead and connect the VM kit and find out of the old connection works.

If it does not ...

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

Note: if you are porting the phone number from BT / PN to VM, that phone must remain in service until the port occurs, and that would be in the weeks after the VM service goes live.   This is very important if you have a PN phone + internet bundle,  cancelling any part of a bundle often cancels all of it resulting in loss of the phone number.