cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract and Quick Start delivery

TL333
Joining in

I am changing broadband and am considering Virgin for when I move into my new home, which already uses Virgin, in 2 weeks time. I want to know if I can place the order for the quick start kit now to my current address but only have my contract and connection active on the 29 April. It makes sense for the kit to come to me now while I am definately at this address till the 28 April to sign for delivery.  Thank you 

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm fairly sure, that delivery of VM kit must be to the serviced address. In other words, no.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I did go on the Virgin website and they can deliver to any address. What I am trying to find out is if I order it now will virgin then start my contract from now as I only want the contract to start in 2 weeks. Again, thanks for your help 

AF9D0488-3029-43DE-BD18-72D8E996AA9D.jpeg

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

They should start charging when the connection in the new property is activated. But with Virginmedia the exciting thing is that you can never be sure what will happen.

Does this properly already have a Virginmedia cable connection? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi. The property does have Virgin cable connection which is a plus. It does seem that with Virgin it can be a lucky dip and in general reviews say they are a nightmare to get hold of 🤣 but they do offer the speed and package we are after so fingers crossed it will go well. I have certainly found in the past with moving house the broadband is by far the most stressful part - moving countries is easier!! Thanks for your help. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well at least you are going in with your eyes wide open. Good luck with your move!

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

👍

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@TL333 wrote:

I am changing broadband and am considering Virgin for when I move into my new home, which already uses Virgin, in 2 weeks time. I want to know if I can place the order for the quick start kit now to my current address but only have my contract and connection active on the 29 April. It makes sense for the kit to come to me now while I am definately at this address till the 28 April to sign for delivery.  Thank you 

From past topics, using 'Quick Start', some have been charged starting a few days after the equipment was delivered, irrespecive of activation.

Refer to T&Cs page 12 'service start date' point 3

This has caused issues for some when, for example, the equipment was delivered but the connection at the property was faulty/missing.

Thanks for this information. I think I may wait a week and then place the order and hopefully Virgin will keep to what they say on their website regarding their service. As much as Virgin would like 2+ weeks notice I do not want to chance them activating the service earlier at their whim. I will still keep researching other providers in the meantime. Thanks 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you know if the previous owners still have a Virginmedia connection?  It has sometimes caused a delay if their account only finishes immediately before the move.

- jpeg1