Menu
robodocalan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New connection

Can two properties have separate connection from one triangular covered point outside the houses?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New connection

Hi there,

that would very much depend on exactly where the point is and what network you are on. I’m happy to take a look if you need some help?

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
robodocalan
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am having the two houses, basically semi-detached, next door to me, renovated extensively.  There appears to only be one triangular cover, very close to the exterior wall and mid-way between the houses. This is probably because the previous owner was trying to create a single property, despite the Council insisting yhey were two, and indeed Grade 2 listed.  Virgin Media was never connected. 

I am trying to provide access from inside but cannot take out a contract as the houses will be rented when ready.  Will it be possible to connect both sides, independantly and with separate accounts, to the single terminal in the pavement?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know @robodocalan.

In this case, it would be a contract for both properties. 

Please let us know if you need any further help regarding this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @robodocalan ,

I would say yes to that. But of course it depends exactly where the access point is in the pavement. If it’s exactly halfway then it shouldn’t be an issue. The best thing to do would be to request a site survey once your tenants or new owners are ready to place orders. If you would like to contact me directly by private message when they are ready I am more than happy to support you on this. Many thanks for considering us

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos