Menu
Stubbette
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New connection to new build house

We bought an old house which has never been connected to Virgin, but we know the street is connected, and neighbours are hooked up. This old property has been demolished, and all the (very old!) services to the site replaced and upgraded by the builder and utility companies.

We talked to the Virgin helpline about the required installation and have buried to the correct depth and labeled the required ducting under the lawn/drive from the grass verge where the Virgin supply is through to the house and into the plant room, where the pull cord is attached, ready to install the Virgin cable. 

At the time we were told that we could have the connection box installed internally - and space has been made for this where the ducting comes into the plant room. Then the coax cables can be taken from there to the AV distribution for the house. Both the builder and electrician have worked with new Virgin installations on new builds, so have made the connection/cabling access as easy as possible for the installers.

However, I've read that we might need an external brown box as well? That's not what we were initially told, and the ducting now terminates inside. We're in a relatively new house at the moment which was connected to Virgin in a similar way (sunken ducting to the white box inside, no external brown box) so I'm hoping this hasn't been a recent amendment?

Could some of the clever people in the know on here please direct me on how to proceed in order to avoid an external box? We're at first fix stage so ready to start our new Virgin contract so want to make sure we request this in the right way! 

Many thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New connection to new build house

Hi there

Let me help you with this

I'll pop you a private message to take a few more details and look into this for you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Stubbette
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks... 🙂

0 Kudos
Stubbette
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to let anyone know that's in a similar situation that Christy sorted someone to call and arrange the installation, so site visit on Monday and connection shortly after. Plus extra help on IR versus bluetooth on the new 360 box remotes! Wish I'd found this forum ages ago!

lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good result! - Always nice to hear!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos