Menu
neo4403
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New connection - No sign of cabling

Hi,

I need some help please as I am new to VM.

17 Nov: Upon checking with an online agent, I was given the earliest appointment date of 20 Nov despite me mentioning that our house never had VM or any cabling. So I bit the bullet and ordered the M100 service. While ordering, the portal also showed 20 Nov as available so went ahead. Unfortunately, 4 hrs later I received an email that the earliest date given to me was incorrect and it is actually 3 Dec. 

18 Nov: Called customer service and explained the problem, they apologised for confusion and confirmed that all works should take place before 3 Dec assured me that the service should be live by this date

20 Nov: I was glad to see a VM van and techs outside my house with a cable roll. I managed to speak to them and asked what they were doing, they found the duct in front of my garden near the pavement with a small metal cap but bad luck - they said it was broken as their cable was not passing through. They said a different team has to come to dig after taking council's permission and complete the work. They also said someone should call me with an update. They hardly spoke English but when I asked for the cable route they said it will be underground until the entry point into my house (I wondered how its possible as we have front garden and driveway)

23 Nov: I checked my account online to see if there is any update. My orders and appointments show 27 Nov and 3 Dec. I rang the customer service for an update, after waiting for 40 mins in the queue, someone answered took all my details and said that I reached a wrong team and transferred me to the pre-installation team. After few mins they asked for my details again, while I was explaining the problem they hung up and never rang me back.

27 Nov: No call from VM team. No sign of VM techs also at my house. I rang the customer service again late afternoon. After 45 mins call was answered and the agent said he can see the details in his system and updated me that the field engineers were supposed to visit between 8am-6pm on 27 Nov to complete the pre-install works and asked me to wait until 6pm. I was hoping that they would arrive but no sign of them at all.

1. Can someone explain if this is normal?

2. How will VM provide the cabling underground? 

3. Should I expect more delays due to the work involved in which case 3 Dec live date is a no go?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection - No sign of cabling

There might be delay of anything upto 8 weeks if the ducting is blocked. Depends if they need permission from the council. 

If your front garden is diggable then that's how they'll get the cable underground. If its grass they'll slice it with a shovell and throw the cable in. 

0 Kudos
neo4403
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input. VM pre installation team says any physical or construction work should be completed before the given installation date of 3 Dec and they were pretty confident about it. But as the field team didn’t turn up continuously for 2 days I doubt it now. What a year of problems !!

0 Kudos
neo4403
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Everyday the order date for external cable pull is changing, engineers didnt turn up until yesterday. So the latest visit date is now 30 Nov. I am also receiving texts saying "congratulations, we are connecting you on 3 Dec, ....". I wonder how I will be connected if the external duct isnt working!!

I also noticed that when you post or reply to other posts, you will receive a PM from VM member saying that someone will call you once you leave your details. I did but no one called. I guess this is to detract you from frustration so you will forget to moan. Good tactic..I am sorry if they are really trying to help.

The customer service agent on Saturday said VM cant move the cable pull date more than twice but its been moved thrice so far. Now I believe that she didnt understand what I was explaining, call centre in Manila and its really hard to talk to these agents with lot of background noise and no knowledge at all. They just read some scripts and automated messages. It will be a miracle if the connection goes live 3 Dec. But after reading many posts I am not even thrilled to be a VM customer. Many customers complaining about activation delays, speed issues if connected, installation being untidy, what a mess!!!

A communications company cant provide a core service of their business.

Just a suggestion, you should read other providers' reviews and forums before you sign up with anyone as all of them look dire. My experience with another big name in Red hasnt been great as they blame on monopoly backbone provider but its true. I dont understand how Ofcom is not able to regulate these companies and penalise for their crappy service. 

0 Kudos