Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New build wire

Hi we live in a new build and have the brown VM box on the side of the house with a pipe coming up from the ground. My neighbour has a wire, looped up and not connected, that comes through that pipe, which I assume connects to the street somewhere. We however do not. 

Any installers out there that think this could be a problem? I don’t want to cancel BT and order VM for them to show up on connection date and not be able to do it!! 

see pic: https://ibb.co/FVLJPdr

Thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build wire

7D8D1B08-2350-4445-96F6-265FE3A3F60C.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there ,

this shouldn’t be an issue at all, we would just pull a cable for you when you order.

i will message you for some details so I can check our records just in case.

thank you

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have checked this out and it appears all good to go.Looks like the cable pull was missed when built but this is an easy fix.

Thank you for your interest in doing us.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i would register caution and certainly not cancel BT until the cable is pulled - the fact that there is no cable could be as stated that it was missed or it could be that an attempt to pull the cable failed and the pull team just left it at that

if there is a blockage in the duct then it needs to be cleared - in normal times that can take 6 weeks and more but these are not normal times - add to that its a new build and the developer or council may not allow holes to be dug for non emergencies and i would think this would be classed as that

Tony
0 Kudos