Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New build property

Ive bought a new build property and have been trying to get set up with virgin media for weeks now and after numerous phone calls i have still heard nothing back off virgin. Our address doesnt appear on the web site and when filling in the online form for someone to contact me within 10 days, i have still recieved nothing. Others in the surrounding area have had no problem with getting set up with virgin, so confused as to why it is such a struggle for myself. My girlfriend and I move in on the 15th and need broadband at a minmum for moving in as i am currently working from home need internet. My girlfriend is a nhs nurse and it is our understanding that nhs staff are a priority at these times, yet this doesnt seem to be the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build property

NHS are not a priority anymore than any other emergency.
If you are in a new build did the developer work with VM to lay the cables? if not you'll need a spotter to see if you can even be cabled.
Worth also remembering VM are not allowed to dig up new roads

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well at the top of the virgin web site it clearly states “were prioritising new installations for NHS staff to keep them connected”. We have a virgin box on front of the house with cables in so I'm guessing so. Spoke to 4 different people now from virgin who have all said theyll get back to me and have heard nothing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes NHS are a priority but if your address does not exist according to virgin you can expect a delay as it may require people who are currently not in the office due to covid 19 so things will take longer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are Virgin allowed to install there?

A lot of new builds already have chosen preferred providers. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes mate weve spoke to a few people living on the estate who have set up no problem👍🏻

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is a sorry tale and people here are clearly trying to help. But there is more we can do.

Firstly to clear the NHS priority issue. Yes VM are giving priority to installations involving NHS staff. This will done at ordering stage and customers are supposed to be asked about this. VM will then try to find the next and soonest available installation slot.

Davhol has said that there is a VM box on the front of his house. Before I refer this on for further investigation I need some more information, which I hope he can provide. This is not the first time the house has been occupied, is it? Or if it is, was it made clear at the time that VM services could be connected? The front of house box can be of two types depending on the installation method used for estate - a small brown box or a much bigger box. Can you post a picture for us to see and confirm? Is Davhol an existing customer.

It is possible that the area is already over-subscribed and VM will not install if this is the case. The missing postcode issue may just be a failure of VM to update its postcode file. 

Let's try and take this forward without further guesswork.  And I will refer it up the VM system if it looks like that Davhol's house is a serviceable.  Do not post anything other than I have asked for. I don't need addresses or postcodes at this stage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its a new build mate, so its never been occupied by anyone. We move in the 15th may, original move in date was march but had to postpone due to covid so would expect cables, services etc to be ready. The box is a small brown one right next to the front door. On virgin web site it only has certain number of addresses to choose from. All even numbers like only one side of the road has been done. Im a new customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. It is possible that not all of the estate has been set up to to receive VM services. But from what you have said it looks promising.

I'll refer this to the VM Forum Team to get more details from you. I'm doing this because your partner is an NHS nurse and we should try and get to the bottom of this.

Watch this space. You'll asked to respond to a private message - look at the RH top corner of this page.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well were hoping so, all just a bit confusing at the moment and not getting many answers from Virgin. Thanks for your help appreciate it👍🏻

0 Kudos