cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build installation

TonyR1972
Joining in

Admin, 

I am a volt customer and my parents want to have virgin media as their tv /broadband provider. I have checked the postcode and virgin media is available at their address. The issue is they are in the process of building a property at this address which is nearing completion (3mobths to completion)I would like advice on when the best time is to contact virgin media to begin an install and what the basic criteria is needed on a new build before an installation  can progress?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @TonyR1972 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

It is brilliant news to hear that your parents are considering joining us. The best advice is to start your installation process as early as possible. This will give u the opportunity to get cables in place before the property is fully finished. For example, we will need to get a cable from the pavement to your house and it is possible that your front garden has yet to be landscaped. If this is the case, then it is always best to get this cable in first so we don’t disturb anything afterwards. It could also be the case that you would like wiring on the house put in place before you do any decorating. 

The best advice is to sign up as quickly as possible and arrange for a technician to come and have a look on a site survey. We will be able to tell you exactly what needs to be done and work with you throughout the build process.

I am more than happy to support with this of you would like ? I will drop you a private message so we can discuss further site surveys are not bookable via the online process.

Thank you once again

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Jon. A site technician would be fantastic and the garden is yet to be landscaped. Please let me know what to do to start the process. Many thanks!

Hi @TonyR1972 

I have sent you a private message, please look out for the little envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more