cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build house install

Bigrich89
Tuning in

Moving into a new build property, in the welcome pack it says “provisions have been made for virgin media” I have requested the move from my old address and they say engineers will need to connect from the street and then an installation engineer will come a couple of weeks later maybe. 

I can see in the living room a blank socket covering, and what looks like a coaxial cable that’s coming out of the kitchen to outside (not connected to anything) do you reckon that’s the virgin cable??

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bigrich89, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

Please could you attach a screenshot / picture of the cable and we would be able to confirm.

It normally says Telewest or Virgin Media on them. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew can’t see anything saying virgin media or telewest. They have series 06 written on them. 1 of the cable that’s coming out of the wall, is run through to a blanking plate in the living room. Couldn’t say where the other one goes. I have two blanking plates in the cupboard where the openreach Fiber termination box is. Purple and green ducting outside for the cable, don’t know what the purple is for. 

IMG_0350.jpeg

Thank you for confirming to us and providing the picture Bigrich89.

So I can look into this, I will be private messaging you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks have replied, on the verge of just going with bt. At least I’ll be able to get my Internet on Monday at the latest