Menu
AlexFeagan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New build connection

Hi,

I am currently a virgin media customer and have contacted you via web chat tonight to arrange the move of services to a new build property I’m moving into in a couple of weeks. 

However, the chat told me that I cannot have virgin services in my new property, even though the developer (Redrow) specifically states that virgin has been installed everywhere and will be accessible. Additionally, the virgin connection box is already installed internally in my new build so extremely confused as to how the services cannot be provided?

Can someone please share some wisdom how this works?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build connection

What they usually mean by “Virgin installed” is the ducts & cabinets. There is no guarantee that the cabinets are connected back to the local area node or to the cable headend at the time the properties become available for occupation.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AlexFeagan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build connection

Sorry, not very technical lol! What are the ducts?

My property is one of the latter phases on the estate and others already have VM operational, including some of my immediate neighbours who have moved in already. 

The fact that the little VM connection box is already installed inside the living room of the property is merely for show then at this point?

Any tips on how I can get it connected? Is it a case of requesting/moaning to VM or Redrow?

0 Kudos