Menu
cmern
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New-build - VM not getting us connected!

Hi all/mods.

Turning to the forum for help as half a dozen calls to various departments of VM customer services haven't helped so far.

Moved to our new build a couple of days ago, and having trouble getting set up. The VM cabling is in place, so I'm told, and I want to move an existing package from our old address to new address.

Getting nowhere fast!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New-build - VM not getting us connected!

As many will tell you, the internals & street infrastructure on new estates is generally completed by the builders. The network cabling & backend work to connect the segment to the headend is another matter, & can be several months behind.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep, the builders will install all appropriate ducting, but VM have to eventually connect the estate to the network which can take upto 6 months in some instances depending on the size of the estate.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @cmern

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums. 

Can I ask if you have spoken to our pre-installs team at all on 0800 052 1734 if so what have they advised? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

cmern
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashleigh_C 

Thank you for your reply.

I've been booked for an install on 29 May, at the time of booking 11 days away. 

My issue is that I've been in contact with VM for many weeks, several weeks prior to getting keys to the property with the aim of having a connection setup on or near to moving day. So to wait a further two weeks for a simple home move is slightly frustrating while working at home. My wife and I are running out of tethering data fast, not to mention two kids' worth of device usage.

Is it possible at all for you to help bring my installation date forward? It would be a massive help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me know and I am so sorry that this has been booked leaving a gap with no service for you. 

Has this date been booked to allow for external works to be done at all? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cmern
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the external works were completed yesterday. I now have a cable connected to the brown box on the side of the house. So I'm assuming it's the internal portion of the connection that now needs completing. Thanks

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me knoe @cmern I have had a look into your account but as this appointment has been made by the technical team I am unable to book it in for sooner. 

I am so sorry about that! You can try calling the pre-installations team on 0800 052 1734 who may have the ability to change the appointment, though I cannot guarantee this. 

Thank you and so sorry again. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos