Menu
Judith-k
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New broadband

Hi, I have an ntl box on my wall and I’ve just unscrewed an old cable with two male ends. How do I plug my new box in when it says push in the cable...do I need something else?

judith 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New broadband

You can push it into the socket at the bottom of the ntl box where you unscrewed the old cable from

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Judith-k wrote:

Hi, I have an ntl box on my wall and I’ve just unscrewed an old cable with two male ends. How do I plug my new box in when it says push in the cable...do I need something else?

judith 

The new cable is designed to fit over the threads.

Or use the old cable.

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The male end that was connected to your NTL box was connected to a female socket in the box. You should be able to push the quick start cable directly onto the thread of the female socket.

0 Kudos
Judith-k
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My new  broadband box is flashing green and has done all day. I’ve reset it amd for or off amd on again etc. When my phone brings up the k ter et list (of networks to join) it says ‘weak security’. I do t know how to get it on. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It has probably not been activated onto your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos