Menu
Footymaddad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New broadband user

I received my quick start package today and have been trying for 2 hours to get the broadband set up 

I’ve connected everything up and when I turn the hub on I get a few lights that blink red then the WiFi light and the arrows and the power light all light up green. 
Then the power light goes white, the arrows flash green and the WiFi light goes off 

please somebody help me, I’m getting very stressed 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New broadband user

The bottom light should flash green, then go solid green and then solid white with solid Wi-Fi symbol and flashing arrows.  It will reboot about 3 times as its doing updates and take approx. 10-15mins

Footymaddad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The bottom light does go solid green, then white but the WiFi light goes off and the arrows just flash. I left it for about half an hour just flashing away to itself. With nothing happening after 

0 Kudos
nashia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Try getting into your router settings and see the status of it and see what's up. 192.168.0.1

0 Kudos
nashia
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The arrow is the internet light/Modem mode light if none of the lights are red it probably means it's booting up.
0 Kudos
nashia
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If the bottom light goes white and the arrow's are still flashing then you need to reboot the hub. Try to get into the IP address of the router and maybe that can help you.
0 Kudos
Footymaddad
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. But I can’t access that page as I’m not connected to the hub

it shows up as an available network but if I connect to it I get to a page with a circle on saying click me and says I’m having a connection problem 

I’ve clicked the circle but after about a minute it says sorry we have not been able to fix your connection

nashia
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If nothing else works get on this page and go down to the seeing different lights https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3
this might be a fault with your internet connection line and not you. There might be a local outage if there are any problems you can check on this webpage for any fault's just enter your post code. https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status#  Try contacting customer service and call them exactly on 8am tomorrow as you have a higher chance of being answered. 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The fact the bottom llight goes white is showing its locking on to DOCSIS 3 so signal should be ok.  If your getting red arrows its showing an activation or upstream issue.  I know there have been activation issues over the last couple of days.  Try doing a pinhole reset hilding reset button in on back of hub for 15 seconds and release for 5.  Do this 3 times and then leave all connected for 30mins and see what happens

0 Kudos
Footymaddad
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I’ll be working at 8. So if all else fails I’ll have to ring when I finish. Thanks for your help though 🙂

0 Kudos