Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New broadband hub

Hi,

New broadband only customer. Received my self install kit on Friday. Have had confirmation text to activate, I have set up and I have no internet access. I have a solid green wifi light and a solid green base light on the hub with flashing green arrows. The hub has been this way for 24 hours now and I still have no internet access. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to troubleshoot and contacted the call centre to find they were closed. Tried the live chat at 3pm yesterday and still haven't received a response nearly 24 hours later. No response from facebook page. Pretty hacked off at the awful service. I get that everyone is very busy right now but don't if they can't offer the service they shouldn't be taking money from new customers. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New broadband hub

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just an automated response - the same automated response I had a 3pm yesterday the live chat which I still haven't had a response from. I honestly get that the situation means every is busy. But it's morally wrong to be taking money from new customers knowing full well you cant fulfil the contract. 3 days as a virgin media customer. I haven't had a single minute of connection and haven't been able to actually talk to a single person!

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

3 options – I’d try all 3!

1) The equipment activation number is... 0800 953 9500 - call at 08.00 for best chance of getting through.

2) Or.. due to reduced staff a text service has been set up - send details of your issue and include your account number to - 07533 051809 - responses are slower though as you have discovered

3) A VM person may respond on here when they are "back to working from home" tomorrow - so check back

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I tried all 3 of those options on friday, and on saturday (twice) and again today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Last option then...

Try calling “Retentions” "Thinking of leaving" on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - follow options 1-1-4-4 - BUT call at 08.00 on the dot, when you have the best chance of getting through to the still open UK call centre. A lot of people are getting through - you have been unlucky.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant thanks, I'll give that a go first thing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator