Having an absolute nightmare with getting my services up and running, I was originally told that I could have a quick start installation kit (this arrived 21st Jan) as that was a connection available so when it arrived I set it up and nothing worked. Following a technician visit on 29th Jan it turned out the existing connection was actually not functioning as the wire had been cut, but a new one laid to just outside of the property. However this wasn't actually connected to Virgin's network in the street and this work would need to be done before the installation, the technician said this is a complete loss of service so they'll come straight away to fix this... 7 weeks later and I'm still waiting!
I have spent countless hours on the phone to people who frankly haven't got a clue what is going on or how to actually help in getting this fixed, they just read out some rubbish notes on the account and tell me it will definitely happen whenever the next appointment is. I'm often lied to saying that someone will call me back (a minimum of 10 times this has been promised) or that they will contact the Area/Field Manager about this, I think they are almost certainly mythical characters.
It seems impossible to escalate anything through customer services and I've been passed around multiple teams who can't help, after a few weeks of waiting, I raised a complaint which has now apparently vanished from their systems despite having a confirmation email. No contact, no discussion of a resolution just deleted off of the system, somehow I am not surprised.
The only real question is why am I still waiting for this to be set up and not with another provider.