cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wall Unit

smg26
Joining in

Hoping to sign up for virgin media, but the current wall unit in my new property is looking a bit worse for ware and I’d love to get a new wall unit when I sign up. 

Would I get a new one when I sign up and select manual install, or would I only get this if I selected the engineer install at £30?

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

QuickStart kits are cables only. You will need a manned install if you want a new socket. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Would I be able to set it up as a quick install, and book an installer to come out at a later date and update my hardware? (At a cost of the £30 install I’d presume?)

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As long as you are aware of the £25 standard fee, you can setup the Quickstart first.

Be aware that sometimes the cables have been disconnected in the street cabinet, so a Quickstart kit does not mean you will get connected right away.  In these cases a manned install will be required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks