Menu
GuyHamilton
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New WIFI won’t connect

Morning.

The Internet light (light 2) will not stop flashing although everything is plugged in. 3 days now...

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New WIFI won’t connect

be more specific - is this a self install - what is light 2 - is it a hub3 if so what is the base light doig - if its a self install have you rung the activation number - 0800 953 9500

do you have any wired devices - do they connect

Tony
0 Kudos
GuyHamilton
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is a Hub3. 
light 2 (as it’s described in the Fibre booklet in the box) is the second light from the top and looks like two arrows.

the QR code instructions crash half way through so I haven’t seen any instruction to call the number you mention.

I’ve called it as you suggest and am on hold ATM.

None of the bits of paperwork mention calling to activate the WIFI and that QR link crashes every time.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ahhh ok - i was not aware they gave the lights numbers - the key light is the base light - if its green or flashing green then its not connected or not activated - it needs to be white/cream

hopefully it all works when you get through - but you can do a few checks

follow the internal wiring and make sure its connected to the external box - if you have just moved t its possible earlier people cut it or damaged it

i assume you are connected to an internal box - again check if there are others - if so connect to them if you dont get a working connection

Tony
0 Kudos
GuyHamilton
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hopeless. Almost 80 minutes on the phone and they have to send an engineer on Jan 28th to sort.

already regretting moving to Virgin. I’d forgotten how difficult it is to use their customer services 🙈

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @GuyHamilton,

Sorry to hear that your having issues with your recent connection, I can see that the appointment has actually been brought forward, I can't tell you the date this has been moved to due to data protection regulations.

You can however check on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking to find out the new date for your visit.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos