Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo Box failed to acquire Channel Information

Hi all

I'm hoping someone from VM can help here, I can't face another 45 minute wait to get through to someone that doesn't understand a word I say 😭

I'm replacing my secondary Tivo box with a VM replacement but it gets stuck on "Unable to Acquire Channel information" at 33%.

I'm pretty sure I just need a hit sending to my box but I honestly can't face another call to "tech support"  

Any chance VM support could pick this up and hit me please? 

Very frustrating 😤

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo Box failed to acquire Channel Information

It's not a "hotline" into VM - the VMmods can take a few days to pick up threads on here.

Meanwhile, did you follow the instructions in the packaging to "activate" the new box?

Is it a Tivo or a V6? If a V6 - connect it by ethernet cable to the Hub - at least until the setup is complete.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks John

Thanks for your reply, however, as an ex VM engineer I'm well aware of the setup process.

Additionally, I don't mind how long the mods take to reply, it could be a couple of weeks, I really don't mind. I just don't want to have to make that phone call to "tech support", I didn't like it when I worked for them and I like it even less now. 

Thanks for your time, much appreciated 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorted now, I managed to get hold of an old colleague who has done the dirty.

Cheers anyways 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you post up their number 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos