Menu
emmaclare
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New TV box stuck during start up

I received a new box yesterday and installed it myself which was fairly straightforward. However, when starting up, it is stuck on the "starting up checklist screen". Everything is "ticked" aside from the last bit which is "checking network connection" or something like that. I have turned everything off and on, checked the cables, sockets etc. The internet is working fine, but the TV just keeps getting stuck on this screen. I really didn't want to have to get an engineer out as it seems unnecessary having the correct kit in my house. Has anyone  else had a similar problem,  or does anyone know of a fix? I did see someone previously post that they turned the Tivo box off, waited 15 mins and then it worked. Tried that with no success. Any help would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TV box stuck during start up

Did you phone in and activate it? All equipment must be activated to your account before it can be used. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos