Menu
Kate_r
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New TV box not working. Unable to get answer from phone calls

My new package tv box doesn’t work. Multiple attempts to contact virgin on phone have failed. I hadn’t realised the customer service would be so troublesome. Never have had such problems with other suppliers. Hope someone will read this here and contact me. Have been trough the troubleshooting site. 

thank you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New TV box not working. Unable to get answer from phone calls

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Kate_r
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. I’ll try that number. At work at 8am so have had to try evenings. It just cuts off the call after 40mins. The broadband is working hence thought was activated. But mebbe not. Cheers k

0 Kudos
AFewScoops
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate_r

If the broadband is working, then yeah you right both equipment should be active.

Might be worth checking the wires at the back of TV, are they all connected, is the tv box connected to broadband box (note the new box must be connected to internet in order for it to work).

Or are you getting an error code on screen?

——————————————————
I work for Virgin Media, but all my options are my own.

REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU
**************ASK ME HOW***************
***************SEND A PM****************

If you found this information useful or please click thumbs up on Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.
THANK YOU ?
——————————————————
0 Kudos