Menu
Atzosskin
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Superhub 3 - internet denied

Hi

i have been using a superhub2 for many years and recently requested an upgrade due to poor WiFi strength. 

the sh3 arrived and I’ve followed the instructions on disconnecting the old hub, connecting new and leaving for 30 mins. 

after some red and green lights flashing i am now stuck with a single yellow powerlight. 

ive gone into the modem settings and can see internet - access denied or something. 

ive reset, rebooted the modem -  still the same 

I did try setting it to modem mode but it never let me back into the settings again so it appears to have locked.

Another reset 

i know the Internet is good as when I swap the sh2 back we are online again. 

can someone assist? I’ve been on hold for over an hour now.. possibly I just need a new sh3

ta

ian

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Superhub 3 - internet denied

You need to get the Hub activated.

Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Atzosskin
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately that’s the number I’ve been on hold with for ..90 mins.

but thanks 😊 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dont know for sure but as VM expect that customers/Techs will activate the equipment during normal times of installation I suspect that (in current circumstances) that line wont be staffed at this time. But I could be wrong

I would call in again at 08.00. Did the instructions say or imply that the Hub was already "pre-activated" on your account or did it say you had to call that number - or text another one, to do that ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Atzosskin
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John 

i actually started the call at 4pm uk time. Quit after 40 mins to have a fiddle with the settings.. now quitting again as need to get back online

the Sh3 manual implied you plug it in and wait 30 mins. Then you are good to go. Only call the number if there are issues.

I’ve never seen the bottom light go white which indicates some sort of success 

reading the forum I guess I am lucky my old modem is still active.

Dermot Kennedy - giants- playing... again.. I’ll try tomorrow. Hopefully it’ll be different hold music.

ta

ian

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As your old Hub still has an active modem then the new one has not been activated - as the old one would get deactivated at the same time.

Try again tomorrow - 08.00 is the best time to call in

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Atzosskin,

Sorry to  see you are having issues activating your equipment. As John said, the best time to call is 8am as lines are least busy then.

You couls also try speaking to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos