Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New SuperHub 3.0 Rebooting Constantly

I've been a VM customer for nearly 10 years and have been lucky enough to rarely have problems.

Just received my SuperHub 3.0 (an upgrade from 2.0).  Since plugging it in today the hub reboots itself at random intervals (between 2 - 10 minutes) so getting any work done is near impossible.

I've rebooted and reset the device - no luck. It seems to last a little longer without anything plugged into the ethernet ports, but not much.  Sadly, it would appear my old Hub2 has been deactivated, so I can't even go back.  

The device logs are filled with 'Lost MDD Timeout' presumably the point at which the device restarts.  I waited on the line to VM for an hour earlier but didn't get through - I'll try again tomorrow. 

It seems the device is duff - given my SH2 worked previously.  What do you smart people think?  Should I be asking for a replacement?  (To be honest, I'd settle with going back to what I had - do VM do that?)

Yours exasperatedly,

VengerUK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SuperHub 3.0 Rebooting Constantly

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord then unplug the PSU from the wall socket.

Leave the Hub like this overnight then boot it up and see how it performs in the morning.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
If you think my post has helped please give Gary Dexter a Kudos
because he collects them like a young lad collects conkers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SuperHub 3.0 Rebooting Constantly

I left the hub off and unplugged overnight and it was still misbehaving this morning.

@MikeRobbo - thanks very much for responding!

I'd like to learn a bit more about the troubleshooting process here, what would leaving the hub off for 6+ hours be doing? Can there be some bad state in the hub itself which clears after capacitors run down?

That said:

I managed to get through to VM first thing this morning and managed to get my SH2 re-enabled.  Phew, I can get back to work.  I'll follow up on this when I've got time to troubleshoot further - can't be without Internet when working from home!

Thanks All!

0 Kudos