Menu
Dorothy09
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New SIM card doesn't work

New replacement SIM card finally received after two months from Virgin, but it doesn't work.

The old one has been cut off "no service" indicated on phone screen (an old-fashioned Nokia).

I live in Belgium and cannot travel to the UK.  I can not contact by text ('phone no longer working) so can I have an e-mail address to solve the problem please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New SIM card doesn't work

Hello

The problem you are having is that the new SIM will not be able to be activated outside of the UK, that is  why you are having problem, you need to get the SIM sent to a friend / relative for them to place the SIM in a phone that is unlocked and then forward the SIM to you.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New SIM card doesn't work

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

The problem you are having is that the new SIM will not be able to be activated outside of the UK, that is  why you are having problem, you need to get the SIM sent to a friend / relative for them to place the SIM in a phone that is unlocked and then forward the SIM to you.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

op mentions an old nokia - activating the sim may work but only if the old nokia is unlocked - if not it would need unlocking and thats not easy on some - if it cannot be unlocked VM are sending out replacement [cheap] phones

Tony
0 Kudos