Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Router?

Hi there,

I wondered how I'd go about requesting the virgin 3 hub? I'm still on the older virgin 2ac and it'd be good to upgrade given I've had this hardware a good 4 years.

Many thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Router?

Hello

You can try and order yourself at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap if it comes back with an error then post back in this thread and a VM staff member will be able to help.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Be careful what you wish for.  If the SH2ac is causing problems, definitely get it swapped. 

But if you just want a new shiney hub, be aware that it seems VM may have exhausted new stock of the Hub 3, so you could get a secondhand one that's nearly as old as your SH2ac, and just had a quick wipe to remove the baked bean stains.  They might send you the latest and greatest Hub 4, brand new.  But if you do a search in these forums it seems some people are seeing significant teething problems.  And as a guide, the teething problems of the Hub 3 lasted about two years from launch, and VM refused to say anything about progress with the fixes.

And the wifi of both Hub 3 and 4 is not materially better than the SH2ac.  VM had the chance to include the latest wireless standard (wifi 6/802.11ax) for the Hub 4 but chose instead that they'd rather the development budget was spent getting the VM brand on the box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dav88

Thanks for posting. I'll happily arrange for this to be done via self install. 

I'll send you a PM now to get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos