Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Quickstart not working

Hi,

Just received my Quickstart package today and the connection is not working. Router shows flashing green light and yellow/white light at the bottom. Checking online this looks like its downloading an update and the web interface confirms this. It has been like this for several hours now.

Tried to call support a while ago and there was an option to activate service which i selected. The response was we haven't been able to activate your service. Using the online service test gives a response of: we need to ask you a couple of questions please call us. The response to calling is "our call centre is closed due to coronavirus"

Anyone here who can help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Quickstart not working

Have you activated the equipment ?

Sometimes the activation takes a few hours, so you would be as well leaving it overnight and if it isn't working in the morning phone in.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to activate the equipment. When i call the number you mentioned and enter my account number the system responds "sorry we haven't been able to activate your equipment but one of our team will be able to help" Then I get transferred to a closed call centre

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They will be closed by now.

Wait until morning.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your quick replies, I'll leave overnight and call them in the morning if its not working

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bit of an update.

The router was actually updating its firmware and has completed and connected. Still no internet access though it's saying access denied on the status page. At least I know the cable is OK now. Just need to get it properly provisioned tomorrow.

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 21.19.08.pngScreenshot 2020-10-23 at 21.18.46.png

0 Kudos