Menu
martinquigg
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New Installation

Hi, I previously had Virgin Media Broadband, TV and phone, The engineer that installed it in 2019 put a splitter in the outside omni box and brought two coaxial cables into the house and installed two wall sockets - one at my router and the other beside my TV box in another room. I was away from Virgin for over a year and now I'm reconnecting with a Quickstart kit. What I want to know is (1) can I use the isolator cable to connect directly from the wall socket to the Hub 3, (2) do I need another isolator cable to connect the TV360 box to the second wall socket or can I use ordinary coaxial cable and (3) can I connect the TV box to the Hub 3 through wifi as it is too far away to use an ethernet cable.  In these circumstances I presume I do not need the splitter cable supplied in the kit. Any advice would be welcome.Thanks in advance.  .  

0 Kudos
martinquigg
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation

Should also have said that the connectors on my wall sockets are the screw type. Does this further complicate the self install as I understand push on type connectors are used now supplied with the self install kit. 

0 Kudos