Menu
macca80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Installation without Contract

I'm about to build a feature fireplace with electric fire and TV. Currently my Virgin connection is on a different wall and I am a customer with another company until November. Is it possible to pay for an installation in a different location. I plan on switching to Virgin later this year. I would prefer to have the installation in place as I plan to have storage built in to the wall so would rather avoid any damage later. The installation would also be far easier as it is currently clear. Has anyone had an installation competed before becoming a customer? 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation without Contract

Hi there macca80, 

Thanks for your post and it's really great to hear you're wanting to have Virgin Media services installed. 

We wouldn't be able to do an installation unless you are in the process of joining so when you are ready to join, the team can arrange for an engineer to come out. 

Hope that answers your questions. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the internal connector is just a wall box with a cable going back to an external box [omnibox] - that would normally be placed on an external wall facing the pavement with a cable running back to the local cabinet - within reason that box can be anywhere on the front external wall - so you could install a back box in the fireplace area and run a duct with a pull rope to the external point - VM would then [hopefully] be able to pull the coax to the fireplace backbox

they would need access to the backbox to fit the VM box 

or an alternative if the fireplace is on an external wall would [again] be to fit a back box and drill a 12mm ish hole through the external wall and the cable could be routed externally to the back box in the fireplace

Tony
macca80
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll drill a hole and temporarily fill it until I can switch. It should make the installation a lot easier when the time comes. Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi there macca80, 

Thanks for your post and it's really great to hear you're wanting to have Virgin Media services installed. 

We wouldn't be able to do an installation unless you are in the process of joining so when you are ready to join, the team can arrange for an engineer to come out. 

Hope that answers your questions. 

Thanks,

but what you can do is take out a contract and cancel in the cooling off peiod and pay nothing. If vm won't install before hand 🙂

0 Kudos