Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New Installation - No Support Response?

A bit of backstory - I had an initial install booked for the 7th, I had an engineer attend who seemed to have issues, shortly after another Virgin Media van with 2 more people arrived were going up and down my road. Around 2-3 hours later everyone left but I was not informed on what's happening..

I've had no response from Virgin Media when I've tried to raise support chats and I can't call in because of COVID-19..

How can I go about getting an update from Virgin Media if nobody is answering my questions? It's been a week since the install date and I'm non the wiser about when I'm going to have service 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation - No Support Response?

Morning,

Please PM me your account number and postcode and I will take a look for you.

Kind regards

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’m Chris a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number. You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name. I can then run some diagnostics on your equipment and see further into your issue.

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.                                                                                                         

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards          

Chris VMTech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

^

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've PM'd you guys with some additional info, thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately Virgin Media tech's on the forums couldn't be much help and provided me with the same live chat I had already been ignored on just in SMS form.

I raised the same query with them on Tuesday where an hour later I was told I'd be put through to the cable team to resolve my query - it's been 3 days and I've chased via this chat and I've still heard nothing.

Honestly losing faith in VM 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It can take a week to get a reply at the moment to be honest, regardless of which method you try to get them on. Even if you manage to get them on the phone they don't seem to be able to do anything but "I'll get someone to ring you back" which of course never happens. It's like they've employed a bunch of monkeys to answer the phones for them... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff.. Sad part is it's now been 10 days since my original install date and I'm non the wiser as to what's happening with my line 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well if it makes you feel any better it's been 41 days for me... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Reached two weeks for me now, hope someone gets back to your query soon

0 Kudos